SAITEK Throttle quadrant (with yoke)

SAITEK Throttle quadrant (with yoke)

Postby cuevision » 17 Feb 2012, 11:44

Hi,

Two days ago I started to work with ProSim. Because of not enough money to choose a real throttle quadrant and till that time, I use the Saitek Yoke with Throttle quadrant:

Its about that throttle quadrant. I use the left handle (black) to extend/retract the speedbrake spoiler. The middle (blue) is used for the throttle and the red one (right) to extend and retract the flaps.

Throttle and flaps are working perfect, but the Speedbrake/spoilers are functioning a bit weird. The black handle is in the upper position and when I want to use the speedbrake, I pull it to downwards. The Spoilers are coming up. So far so good. But when I want to retract the spoilers by pulling the black handle upwards, nothing happens. Spoilers are up and stay that way. BUT, when I push the Throttle (blue handle) upwards, the spoilers retracts. (even the throttle is spooling up the engine, so it has two functions)

I have enabled direct inputsupport for joysticks, but the spoiler/speedbrake keeps on malfunctioning. Also the setup in FSX controls for the t-quadrant are setup well.

Does anyone can tell me what I might do to avoid this problem please?

THANKS and regards,
Ed
Beste groet / Kind regards,
Ed

cuevision

Re: SAITEK Throttle quadrant (with yoke)

Postby Bernie » 17 Feb 2012, 11:57

Hi Ed,

I will try and help but I may be wrong. In the Prosim737 configure page under the tab for switches, there is an entry for arm spoiler on A and spoiler on B and also spoiler off A and spoiler off B. What do you have assigned here?

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.

E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

Bernie
Bernie

Postby cuevision » 17 Feb 2012, 12:52

Hi Bernie,

Thanks again!

I have assigned nothing here. I see I can choose the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke overhere, But thats assigned to buttons of this Saitek, no control AXIS.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

cuevision

Postby flatdog » 17 Feb 2012, 13:22

Have you tried deleting FSX assignments for the throttle quadrant and working directly with FSUIPC?
flatdog

Postby cuevision » 17 Feb 2012, 13:31

Hi Flatdog,

No I have not, was thinking about it. I will give it a try, sure. Can you tell me how I must use directly with FSUIPC? Can you tell me where to change it and how please? Since two days so a newbee...

Thanks
Ed
Ed

cuevision

Postby flatdog » 17 Feb 2012, 13:40

Hi Ed,

Have a look here: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAM ... TORIAL.pdf

I have found it very useful. The FSUIPC documentation is also very good and well worth reading.

Regards,

Philip
flatdog

Postby cuevision » 17 Feb 2012, 15:40

Hi Flatdog,

I have been trying around for two hours now, but whatever I try, it is living its own life :cry:

I can activate the spoilers and as soon as I retract it, it seems to do this, but laf way, its opening the spoilers again and than I cant use the spoilerlever anylonger. To reset it, I have to move the throttle a little bit and they spoilers retract.

Is there anyone else reading this and using the Sitek quadrant and set it up?

Thanks and regards,
Ed
Ed

cuevision

Postby Bernie » 17 Feb 2012, 23:07

Hi Ed,

I would have thought that the control in Prosim737 of the spoilers is waiting for a switch contact. If you were making your own spoiler handle, you would probably be using micro switches within the body of the quadrant to activate the spoilers arm. I think the problem is that there is not a switching mechanism within your module, probably potentiometers and maybe a switch that activates when the arm leaves the top position. If you had a switch mounted at the other end of it's travel (The Down Position), as it left that position, you could assign a switch action. I may be wrong about your hardware as I don't have one, but I could also be right. perhaps you could take a look in inside it to clarify.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.

E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

Bernie
Bernie

Postby cuevision » 17 Feb 2012, 23:49

Ha Bernie,

Its a potentiometer that should do the job. A potentiometer in the Saitek throttle Quadrant. I use it for the flaps too, without any problem. I now have assigned the speedbrake spoiler to a button, but it should be done with the left lever Potentiometer) from 0 to 100 % as I did in the previous configuration before I started with ProSim.

It is time to use a real Throttle quadrant. But o so expensive...

Thanks!
Ed

cuevision

Postby Bernie » 17 Feb 2012, 23:58

Hi Ed,

What happens to the Spoiler A and Spoiler B in the Prosim737 module uner the hydraulics tab when you move your lever on the Throttle?

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.

Bernie
Bernie

Next

Return to Technical support - software related